Ibanez Roadcore RC520 Jet Stream Green £414
The Ibanez RC520 Roadcore Electric Guitar offers a full host of stunning aesthetics and tones. Like others in the Roadcore series, this new model incorporates a classic, retro design with comfortable playability. Equipped with a pair of Core tone pickups, players can achieve a warm, responsive tone that will cut through any mix. The RC520’s simplistic design and off-set shape makes it a perfect choice for beginners or players wanting a basic guitar.
Core Tone Pickups
For added volume, the RC520 Roadcore Electric Guitar features a pair of Core Tone pickups that provide a warm yet cutting sound, ideal for Jazz, Rock, Grunge and more. These pickups also deliver a mellower tone compared to standard humbuckers, and can be controlled with the toggle switch, along with the coil-tap switch on the tone control knob.
The RC520 Roadcore includes a GraphTech Tusq which is impregnated with PTFT, providing a slippy substance which controls the amount of grip that the nut has on the strings. A Tusq nut delivers a rich tone, along with hidden harmonics by transferring your strings vibrations efficiently to the guitar.
A marked improvement over the conventional fixed bridge, the Tight-Tune delivers both playability and rock-solid stability. Each saddle is firmly locked onto the base plate, and maximises string vibration to the body. The smooth bridge surface protects the strumming hand no matter how aggressively you play. Simple saddle height and intonation adjustments ensure accurate set-up.
Over the past 30 years, Ibanez Guitars have always been at the forefront of developing the right tools for Electric Guitar players pushing the boundaries of music. For decades, Ibanez designers and luthiers have been the embodiment of this ideology, pushing their skills to the edge of imagination, consistently creating some of the most versatile and unique instruments ever. Although Ibanez guitars have been made since 1908, it wasn’t until the late 1980’s that they began to form an identity for themselves when artists such as Steve Vai and Frank Zappa began using their instruments. Now with a huge artist clientele across the globe Ibanez are a leading manufacturer of electric guitars and basses and a first choice for many dedicated musicians.
- Equipped with Core Tone pickups offer a mellow output with growl
- Single cutaway design allows easier access to unreachable high frets
- Mahogany body with maple neck for a superb tone
- Rosewood fingerboard provides a warm, soft tone with a natural feel
- GraphTech Tusq nut provides stable tuning, brings out hidden harmonics and delivers a rich tone
- Coil-tap switch on tone control, for quick and easy access, and dual function
- Tight-tune bridge offers improved transfer of string vibration and intonation
- Simple design with Jet Stream Green finish
- Series: Roadcore
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Jet Stream Green
- Neck Material: Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fret Size: Medium
- Position Inlays: White Dot Inlay
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Core Tone
- Neck Pickup: Core Tone
- Pickup Switching: Coil-tap switch on tone control (push/pull)
- Bridge: Tight-Tune
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: Cream